A Foreign Affair - AFA tells you Do Not Write Letters

Okay, I have seen reviews and complaints that state the Foreign Affair or Loveme.com site is a scam... I have been to the AFA seminars and at every one they tell you "Do Not Write Letters" they recommend that you only write when your are scheduled to visit the woman that interest you and you have a airplane ticket in hand... they (AFA)...also tell you that if the woman you are writing has not asked you "When are you coming to see me???" ... by the third letter that is a clue. Unfortunately overseas offices are not always well managed and letter writing is a way to generate revenue.

I have used the site and written letters to offices in China and the Cebu Office in the Philippines. I did have issues with the letters to China the responses were not even semi related to my letter or the questions I asked. A Issue? No not an issue, one phone call to the Phoenix Office and I was refunded for the letters in question. Virtual email is email and there is no guarantee that your email will be seen and will likely end up in the ladies junk mail. I never received any answer from any virtual email. None of this makes this site a scam.

I wrote letters to two woman in Cebu and both responded with answers to questions asked and they also asked their own. I attended the Cebu Social in August 2014 and met both ladies that I was writing for a short 5 weeks before I arrived for the tour. One of those ladies is now my wife. AFA is legitimate company and the tour where you actually meet the women are also legit. Yes some women and their profiles have been on the site out of the overseas office sometimes for years...not all women are available all the time, some have lost interest, some are just not available that date and time as they have work and families. You will never establish a real relationship through the mail. Until you actually physically meet, it is all a fantasy and wishful thinking.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Privacy and Data Security
Coverage Area

• What I liked
    • Women were all real and looking for spouses not pen pals
  • What I disliked
      No items

Reason of review:
Met my wife through this company!
Product or service
Review category
review #887386 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with A Foreign Affair? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to A Foreign Affair. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about A Foreign Affair.
Filing a new complaint about